Lately around the house I have been coming up with some DIY tips and tricks and I thought I would share with you this one.
I found myself quite attached to my candle holder once my vanilla scented candle had burned too low to where I was unable to burn it properly.
So I decided I wanted to re-use it and keep the holder around the house just no longer as a candle holder!
If you find yourself attached to any candle holders around yourself, before you decide to throw them in the bin here are some great and easy steps on how to re-use it.
- Grab something sharp, whether it’s a kitchen knife or something else that you would prefer to use.
- Start to cut into the leftover candle pieces, try and start around the corners and work your way inwards.
- Once you have lifted the leftovers of the candle wax you could either melt these on a slow burn in a pot and then pour the wax into another holder to continue to burn or you can put them in the bin.
- Scrub the holder clean to make sure there is no leftover wax inside of it.
- Once you have scrubbed it clean, ensure you leave it to dry properly or you can use a regular tea towel and dry it off.
- Find fun things to put in it! In this case, I really liked it in the kitchen so I used my coffee capsules to put inside of it.
Ta da! It’s that easy.
Thank you for reading!