Pregnancy Journey Update – 36 Weeks

Hey everyone,

How are we all going? I hope you are all well. I thought that I would sit down and do a bit of a chitty chat type of blog post for you all.

When I moved from NSW to VIC and wrote about my husband, cats and I’s journey I absolutely loved reading them back later on because I had written about things that I had forgot had happened. It’s nice to look back on and see how far you have come.

I have so many posts written on my pregnancy already on this blog that I am going to love to read back in future, so why stop now – right? Yesterday was quite a hard, scary day for my husband and I, so let’s catch you all up.

Yesterday my husband and I attended our 36 week pregnancy appointment. If you don’t remember, I wrote in a post a few weeks ago here that we left off our last appointment not ideal. Bub was measuring two weeks behind and in a transverse position, we were told to wait it out until our 36 week appointment to see how things track.

Well, yesterday when the midwife was feeling around my belly she said bub was still transverse. She then pulled out a tape measure to check my fundal height, and we haven’t changed in measurements much at all. Bub is about 3 weeks behind now in tracking measurements. It was the worst news I could have heard, I was dreading hearing that news for the two week wait from last appointment.

They took my husband and I to a fetal monitoring department where they confirmed the position as actually frank breech, so that’s sort of better than transverse, but it’s still not ideal. Bub keeps changing positions (never to the right position though!) – which the hospital calls an unstable lie because of the frequency of adjusting position. They also checked bubs heart rate which was up around 140-150 for 40ish minutes. The department was closing for the long weekend so we had to leave, but they let us leave which was a good sign.

I asked if we could have a measurement ultrasound, and the earliest we could get is next Wednesday. We will have to wait until then to see what the proper measurement of bub is rather than going by fundal height, so it’s going to be a painful few days while we wait and hope that everything is alright.

We have a doctors appointment scheduled for the Thursday to go over the measurement details, and to cover the scheduling of a cesarean section. Due to bubs positioning, it isn’t the safest to deliver naturally, and especially if bub is measuring on the smaller side it will be better to get them out sooner rather than later.

I’m just thankful that I have made it to 36 weeks, so any day closer to full term is for the better. I just hope we aren’t pushing it for time if there isn’t much time to give in this situation, I don’t want there to be something terribly wrong with bub that we haven’t found out yet.

It’s the uncertainty. It’s not having answers. It’s the fact that this new life is my husband and I’s entire world right now, and we don’t want anything to be going wrong or hidden. We want everything to be completely transparent information wise, so that we can make educated decisions.

We absolutely don’t want an ECV, which is where they will manually try to flip bub themselves. I have done my research, I have made my educated decision. I would rather have an elective cesarean section than an emergency one at that. The hospital kept pushing for an ECV, they told us their hospital has 50% success rate – why would I agree to flip a coin on the situation? I wouldn’t.

We just want to know. We just want Wednesday and Thursday to be here already.

I’m not scared for a cesarean section at all, that doesn’t phase me. I’m not scared for anything that will happen to me, I’m scared for bub. My thoughts, determination and love is all with bub right now and I will do whatever I can to make sure they are safe and healthy.

I can’t make anything go any quicker to get answers, which is incredibly frustrating. We just have to wait and see. There isn’t much my husband and I can do right now.

Let’s see what happens next Wednesday/Thursday. Please keep my family in your thoughts if you can.

Thanks for reading!



Posted by

My name is Jessica. I'm a twenty something year old woman with a beautiful husband, a crazy cat and a bub. You can find me on Instagram/Twitter @daysixtyfive.

13 thoughts on “Pregnancy Journey Update – 36 Weeks

  1. I am SO excited for you that baby is coming soon! I used to be a doula and one thing I found to be effective sometimes in transvere/breech position was forward leaning inversions It may be worth asking your provider about. I’d definitely suggest a scheduled C-section over an unplanned one. I had an unplanned one after my daughter got stuck after pushing and it was NOT a fun experience. If it’s planned it’ll be less stressful and easier to recover. Regardless of the birth method I am excited for you that you’ll meet your bundle of joy soon!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. It’s Monday now, just need to get through a few more days by Thursday afternoon we’ll have more of an understanding! Eek. It’s been hard waiting!

      Liked by 1 person

  2. I would have totally chosen the elective C-Section, too. At a 50% success rate, I’m so confused why they were pushing the ECV option.

    I am definitely keeping you & your family in my thoughts. ♡


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s